2021 Event Update:
Planning is well underway for the 2021 Whitefish Marathon as a live, in-person event. As we plan and work with local and state governments, this year’s plan will continually adapt to local mandates. The safety and well-being of our participants, volunteers, staff and sponsors are our top priority. As we continue to monitor the situation, we will update our participants on any event changes via our website, social media channels and email distribution lists.
The following policies and procedures will be implemented for this year's event. With your help, we can enjoy a safe race while practicing proper social distancing, mask-wearing and sensible event practices.
Please read the policies below prior to registering so you are informed and prepared for the event.
- Depot Park provides plenty of space to social distance before and after the event. We ask that participants be respectful and mindful of others’ personal space during pre- and post-race activities.
- Masks will be required for all pre-race and post-race activities but not required when running or walking while on the course. The Guest Services tent will have additional masks available on site
- Masks are required for spectators at the start/finish area, in the cheer zones and along the course when social distancing is not possible.
- Sanitizer stations will be placed throughout the expo and event grounds on race day including Guest Services, Awards and Finish line food
- All volunteers and event staff will be required to have their temperature checked and noted and required to wear masks and gloves while helping with the event.
- Bibs will be assigned when you check in at the Expo reducing the number of people in each line. “X’s” will be placed on the ground to show where to stand in lines. Swag pickup locations in the Expo will be socially distanced.
- Participants will be assigned to corrals and waves from fastest to slowest expected finish time to reduce the number of passing on course.
- Volunteers will place cups of water and Gatorade on tables and NOT distribute by hand eliminating touchpoints between volunteers and runners
- Participants will have to pick up their medals from tables at the finish as volunteers will not be placing around the finisher’s neck to eliminate volunteer touchpoints
- All finisher food will be placed on tables for participants to pick up and not handed out by volunteers to reduce volunteer touchpoints
- Awards for the top three age groups will be distributed at the results tent. Multiple lines will be implemented to provide 6 feet spacing.
- A virtual race option is available at a reduced price for those not able or not yet comfortable participating on site.
Thank you for your flexibility and patience as we work toward a fun and safe event for everyone! If you have any questions, please contact us here at Todd@carmelmarathon.com